npm is bundled with Node.js. It runs on the command line as the command npm. It is a package manager that downloads packages into a node_modules folder. You call the downloaded packages through const libraryModule = require(“libraryname”).
Safe- Free Download
Background infromation: –
It’s a distributed development project that was previously governed by the Node.js Foundation and has now merged with the JS Foundation to form the OpenJS Foundation, which is facilitated by the Linux Foundation‘s Collaborative Projects program.
Why Would I Use Node.js?
Node.js shines in real-time web applications employing push technology over WebSockets. What is so revolutionary about it? Well, after over 20 years of stateless-web based on the stateless request-response paradigm, it is the web applications with real-time, two-way connections, where both the client and server can initiate communication, allowing them to exchange data freely. This is in stark contrast to the typical web response paradigm, where the client always initiates communication. Additionally, it’s all based on the open web stack (HTML, CSS, and JS) running over the standard port 80.
Do companies also use it in 2022?
You might have heard how Node.js apps power businesses with high speed & performance. However, what are these businesses? & which companies use node.js?
List of such companies: –
- Netflix lowers startup time with it.
- NASA improved database access time with it.
- Trello achieved quick prototyping with it.
- PayPal decreased its loading time with it.
- Linkedin improved its app performance with it.
- Walmart improved its website experience with it.
- Uber eases ride processing with it.
- Twitter achieves a 5-second loading speed with it.
- Yahoo simplified feature releases with it.
- eBay reduced resource utilization with it.
- GoDaddy showed 4x higher end-user performance with it.
- Groupon achieved scalability with it.
- Medium speeds up content processing with it.
- Yandex created numerous APIs with it.
- Citibank achieved 50% lower latency with it.